Happy Thursday! I am spending the day trying to get caught up on blogs, visiting my Webshot friends, emails, Angel work, getting some of that fall decor put out and just stuff in general. It's amazing what a day away does to your schedule but it is so worth what it does for your soul. Bonnie and I had the perfect late summer day - the bluest sky, cool dry air and we had a wonderful day. I'll post the rest of my pics tomorrow but I wanted to share the scene that greeted us as we drove up the hill towards Frye's Measure Mill in Wilton, NH. The sky was so blue, and we could see the church steeple and as we got closer, what did I spy? FOLIAGE! AHHHHHH - that's me taking a deep breath. Just a little sneak peak - but I'll take it. This picture does not do the brilliant colors justice.
And I wanted to share an email I got today from my sweet friend Karen in OH - so simple and so true. I am going to print this out and keep it posted on my desk! As I get older I am much better at a lot of these things - one of the real benefits of beng a woman over with 50 with a wealth of life experience, but we all can improve on something in our lives can't we? I promise I won't be eating salmon, but I can do everything else on this list if I put my mind to it! Can you?
TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose for today is_’
4. Eat more foods that grow on plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals almost everything and He can heal everything if it's in His plan. We just need to trust His bigger picture.
20. However good or bad a situation is -- it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: 'I am thankful for _____.' AND 'Today I accomplished______.'
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed
25. Share these with everyone important in your life!
Oops - I wanted to add a big thank you and prim hug to two of my favorite bloggers, Rondell over at Tomatoe Creek Prims, and Lisa over at Black Sheep Prims. While I was out and about and away from blogland, they both awarded with the You Make Me Smile Award posted under my blog awards. I m so touched by their kind words. I enjoy each of them and their blogs and honored to be a recipient of this kind award again. Thank you ladies! You know you make ME smile!
Until next time - hugs, Linda