Here is what I have been working on - our family room - it still has a long long way to go but it's a start. Keep in mind, thus far I have furnished this room mostly with things I didn't want to use upstairs at this time- not that I don't enjoy them but they are more country than prim I think. I did steal some of my favorites to bring down here but I definitely still need another prim coffee table, more furniture and more crocks, a lamp, maybe a wall cupboard and who knows what else. It will be fun looking for those things later this summer and in the fall.
This is a view from behind the bar, looking towards the fireplace. I want a big crock for the hearth and it another floor lamp to put to the left of the plaid chair.
Another view. The ottoman is from Plow and Hearth and opens to a twin cot. Once I get a better table for there, I'll move that to the other end of the room. Just behind the plaid chair you can see part of the beam that divides the two sides of the room. To the left of it, I don't have much put in place so you don't get pics this time.
That's the antique piano that sits unused.
Another view of the behemoth. I need something else in place of the arm chair.
OK I changed my mind - just for you, here is one corner of the other end of the room - eek - are you ready? This is the ugly bar area. It's functional and great in a get together but I would lvoe a Tavern Cage there - DH thinks not. I have 2 more bar stools to paint black and I am undecided as to what I will put on the wall. I am thinking of taking the game boards out of David's office and moving then down here. To the right of the TV is the slider to the patio.
And this is the other corner on that end. I am thinking a bench, or even a small game table and 2 chairs along this wall. Behind the little freezer are those patio doors we don't use now. I wish I could get a picture that shows how big this room is. When it is finished, it will once again be a great space for family gatherings. I can envision future grand kids toys being down there and it becoming their play space when they come to visit Grammy and Grampy (lol Blogger's spell check wants me to replace Grampy with Grumpy -huumm)!
And I have been tagged and given an award - twice! How lucky am I??
My friend, Cathy at Cobblestones Farms tagged me for this "8 Things MeMe" - Thanks Cathy! She always has the prettiest pictures on her blog - I love all her little garden groupings. Stop on over and see for yourself. I call it eye candy! I wish I lived close to her garden shop. I love her header right now - it says SUMMER in the most refreshing way.
So here are a few things about me!
8 Things I say a lot:
*"Hi Stinky Kid"
*"Thank you Dear Lord"
*"UGH - it's hot"
*"Is it fall yet?"
8 things I have Read Lately:
* Country Sampler - of course!
* Land of Mango Sunsets - Dorothea Benton Frank - just finished it!
* Create and Decorate
* The Telegram - every morning
* Early American Life - old issues
* Mercantile Gatherings
* Twenty Wishes - Debbie MaComber - just started it
8 movies I've seen 8 times:
* Pretty Woman
* Sound of Music
* My Best Friend's Wedding
* The Wizard of Oz
* Gone with the Wind
* Must Love Dogs
* Dirty Dancing
* I am drawing a blank here!
8 Things I Am Working On:
* The family room -see above!
* Painted a wicker rocking chair for the family room
* My garden
* Putting strings in the cinnamon ornaments I made 2 weeks ago
* Reorganizing closets - again!
* Taking the back off a quilted pillow cover so I can use it as a mini quilt - needs some hand stitching and it has been sitting on the top of the cinnamon ornaments for a week now.
* Online searches for a fall trip with DH
* Typing up the recipes from my recent school gals gathering to send to the whole group
* Touching up all the scratches in the wood work
8 People I Invite To Do This:
* I know some bloggers love these and others don't have time, so I invite anyone who wants to join - please do!
And now for my award:
And I have received a Brilliant Web blog Award from both sweet Beth over at Raggedy Angel. Thanks so much Beth - you are a doll and your dolls are great and Carolyn over at Cranberry Crossings - you are such a sweetheart. I am so glad I met both of you!
The rules for receiving this award are:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
I honestly cannot name just 7 blogs or 8, or 9 or even just 10! If you see my list of favorite blogs, how can I stop there? I can't - so I won't! I nominate each and everyone listed to the left. If you are there, I enjoy your blog - simple as that! Please accept this award from me and know that I truly have enjoyed meeting you this way. My life is richer for all the sweet conversations and getting to know you all.
I am actually finishing this post late Tuesday evening and setting it to publish Wednesday.(Don't you just love that option??!!) I am going to try be away from my blog for a day or so until I make myself get a few jobs done. I'll be back to check on you all soon so please take care, be good , stay safe and have a great day!
Until then - hugs, Linda